Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

In terms of contracts and stuff, i think 2 or 3 months might be best.

Maybe i zhould tell everyone to go to buggery. Maybe i need to just self direct all of this and stop trying to seek advice from everyone else?

PS i dont include you in that, because your advice is helpful. Dont take it the wrong way

you doubt yourself @MDT
unfortunatley you never really know what employers are looking for. what might look good to one employer might look shite to another. it really does depend on them. perhaps jsut writing your resumes etc to the best of your ability and leaving them at that would be best that way they are hiring you and not what someone else would write

Thats true @outlander

So I guess the solution really is a case of narrowing things down myself and directing it myself.

The other issue is finding out how i can move into something i am interested in or want to pursue. But maybe for now i can put that on slow motion while i build up experience and such. Although i thought i already had that. But then maybe i just need a little more.

Its actually really hard to tell.

But maybe its just a statistical thing where the more you try the greater the likelihood of finding something ideal.

find a job @MDT but work on your career. while your doing your job you may find things that your interested in or have other things that come to mind as you experience life in the workforce.
have you got anyone that you know even old tutors etc that have a career in the area your interested in? would it be possible to make a time to talk to them or to email them and ask if they could share how they worked up to where they are now? perhaps hearing how others got where you want to be would be helpful

Im trying to get in contact with an old tutor yeah @outlander
Was gonna do today until we realised it was ANZAC Day. My concern is they will say i need to go back to uni for masters degree or similar. Or recieve better grades etc. Its all about networking these days it seems.

I sent off one thing to someone the ither day. It was a writing position. I havent heard anything yet. But ill have to be patient. It was only a volunteer thing.

Like always i need to be more patient with myself. Same old story it seems i guess.

Well i have a thing to apply for tomorrow. I was saying to Zoe that i am gonna search all day for one day. Then spend the rest of the week appling to stuff.

Thats my new weekly plan i guess.

I need to sleep now though. Thanks again outlander. You are a real help my friend.

I hope you are travelling okay lately

sounds like a good plan @MDT
goodnight, hope tomorrrows better or you

Hi @outlander @Zoe7 @TAB @BlueBay @oceangirl @Appleblossom

I've woken up feeling a bit better than last night.

I'm going to devise a plan today. A plan for how to apply for stuff and finding jobs to apply for.

Thats all I'm committed to today.

take it easy @MDT  I was awake half the night last night worrying about this job, think going to tell them I want to go casual. ie work when they ask me, not be cooped up locked into 10 hr days, bosses everywhere and me with limited recent experience  .. feel silly  ..easy solution seems to be go casual which they floated already

I'm thinking of part time work @TAB
Because this might be easier to transition into from doing nothing atm.

Maybe causal will be good for you atm? It's a good point you make.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance