Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hiya @eth I hope your day is a peaceful one too

Well done on sending that email @eth It is unacceptable how you have been treated and even worse that they have blatantly lied ...does not give you any faith in their process Smiley Sad

Good to hear you will have you CoS there with you to speak with you @CheerBear and if they get anything wrong don't be afraid to speak out - not that I imagine you would be!

@Zoe7  I've just had prompt reply clearing things up and a good dialogue with them.  So now I'm booked to have weekly lessons from 29th Oct through 10th December, in my car and with the MH OT doing the lessons.  Plus I can take a support worker with me.  So it was definitely worth speaking up.  They will also correct a few things that I queried from their report.  And finish the manual driving assessment.  Good outcome!

That is an amazing outcome @eth and wonderful that they got onto it so quickly ...must relieve some of that stress over it for you Hon 👍💜

wow they are a big three for one person to deal with.....that must be so hard for everyone involved!!!!!--- yes @Scarecrowe 

step S3 is finding it hard and wouldn`t get help

step S2 has the same but is on meds

way to go @eth xx

hello @CheerBear , @Sans911 , @Zoe7 

Way to go @eth you are using difficult experiences in the best possible way. What you have done is so big hearted and generous. I hope you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment in knowing that you are bringing comfort and hope to others.

Thanks a lot @frog   I've really appreciated the feedback from folk here as I didn't get much from the group I did the presentation for.  I think they might have been a bit shell-shocked by hearing about so many forms of abuse in one hour - might have been too intense for some of them, even tho' we spent the last 1/2 hr laughing and focusing on self-care stuff.

@eth  and @Zoe7 

Heart

Heart

I decided to deliberately learn from both of you about assertion and standards and levels of care.  I have not found you confused.  I applaud your willingess to work with mental health issues in the most creative nad productive ways.  Many people deny their mental health conditions, and many people do treat those with MH conditions with stigma.  Eg today, I learned not to use the words mental health, but use wellbeing instead, just cos of subtle responses to the concepts of mental health.  I did not actually encounter stigma but it could have been close. 

I also had many family members who have suffered from less than quality care, so it helps me to keep aware.

Btw I have had another great weekend.  Hugs and good will to all.

@frog @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Flying_Hams @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @TAB @greenpea  and pls dont feel left out if I forget to tag. Its not one of my strengths.

Cheers

Apple

Smiley Happy

hugs to you too @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance