Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: OCD staring / eye contact / peripheral vision

Hi Thisguy
The forum is a confidential space where forum members do not provide personal details [like tel numbers etc]
You can read more about the Community Guidelines
regards
lola

Hi Dino
lola here, one of the moderators here.
Great that you want to be supportive of Thisguy by swapping numbers, but unfortunately sharing personal information [ie tel numbers etc] breaches our confidentiality guidelines. The Community Guidelines are a bit hidden on the Forums, so we understand not everyone is across them.
regards
lola

Why was my original post taken down???

Hi @Thisguy,

We have sent you an email with some more details, hope this helps!

Hi

I am 18 and I share this disorder, I developed it about 5 months ago and my life has been hell ever since. Like you, my disorder started out of the blue with one single thought "don't look there" and ever since my situation has gotten worse. I haven't talk to anyone about it but I know they know becuase they will act uncomfortable when I'm around. I've also been told that I put off very disturbing and uncomfortable vibes to people. I've dropped out of highschool because I can't deal with the pressure. But the thing is my disorder didn't develop untill I had experimented with ADHD stimulants for fun. I don't know if that triggered my problems or not. By reading this post I can see that others who suffer from this are never fully treated, I would give medication a try if I could bring myself to tell my mother about what I have been facing but I can't bring myself to talk about it. If I ultimately conclude that there is no satisfactory treatment for this disorder i may not live a very fulfilling life.

I would like to know if I should ask a doctor or get a therapist of some sorts to find the right medication.

Suffering from 40 years
Hope you tell name of medicine

Hallo friend

I also got this disorder when I was 18 years old I was at high school ,I
know how it feels people distance them selves from you now it's been five
years eversince I got this disorder regardless of the pressure en
confusion I managed to fight over through till college

All I want to say is dont give up be a fighter , u not the only one

All the best

kith

Its not easy i know.

Good days and bad. But do remember your not the only one.

I’ll be praying for you. I have suffered from this problem. It’s very hard but don’t lose hope you are loved and valued. It was bad for me for a while. I saw a psychiatrist and I personally did not want to take the medication route but that’s to be discussed with a professional. She said everyone glances at the crotch. It’s just that we obsess over it. It has actually gotten a little better for me after years of struggle. It’s nice to interact with people going through the same struggle. I hope you and Dino and the others do well.

How do I fix myself? I don't want to be like this!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance