Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Sorry for butting in @Razzle but I’m wondering if the group know of the affect it’s had on you. I’m just thinking of the age of #metoo it might send a shiver up their spine and they would hopefully keep their distance if that is what you want. I’m sorry that you get caught out by them more frequently than it should. Im wondering if a carefully worded letter delivered to them might scare the crap out of them to a give a reality check.  

I could be talking complete BS. I’ve not been in that position and don’t know enough. I think deep down I was just thinking how unfair it is that they still have the power and how you could turn that. I know it might be a bad idea too, it was just a random thought. Take care of you 💜🤗

@Tortoiseshell   My councillor explained to me a grounding technique to use if a panic attack hits.  For the

most part I just have to ride this out.  I’m under a lot of stress at the moment, I’ve been triggered by stuff in the media lately which has impacted my anxiety - so I’m staying away from as much media as I possibly can.  There’s a bit of stuff going on within my family that I’m struggling to cope with - the supermarket has just capped off what has been a pretty shitty couple of weeks.  

There’s nothing else I can do, I just have to ride it out.

@Teej  I know they shouldn’t have the power, I’m a grown woman for God’s sake - but I’m terrified.  It’s crippling, but I’m just too scared to do anything 😢😢

I get that it must be crippling @Razzle . I didn’t want to add to it. Many many grown men and women struggle through adulthood with csa, it’s not a thing that goes away when your a grown adult and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. The main thing is to look after you first. 💜🤗

Adding my support here @Razzle .  Big feelings for what you are going through. 

😔💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

Thankyou @Faith-and-Hope  I appreciate your support ❤️❤️

So wish I could do something more @Razzle ..... makes my blood boil ..... 

@Razzle wrote:

At my session yesterday we also spoke about the George Pell verdict.  The day of my last session was the day he was found guilty, and then yesterday he was sentenced.  I have been extremely triggered by the whole thing, but after talking with my councillor he has reassured me.  I’m not catholic and I’m not one of his victims, but I have been pretty messed up since it became the hot topic in the media.  I’ve tried to avoid any media about him, but it’s almost impossible to avoid it completley.

My whole fear is that he would get no jail time, that he would walk, I still think he will win the appeal and walk anyway - interestingly my councillor feels the same.  Pell used to be a priest in parishes around my part of the world, and I

Hi @Razzle 

You are having a rough time and I am sorry - I could write more but it's late at night and I want to go to bed - 

But I will add that something happened to Me Too - years ago - I was sexually harrassed by a man at my church and I have since left the church - and I am an Anglican - but the Pell info on TV and other things coming to a head at this time is really hitting me hard - I can cope with it but you are really vulnerable atm

And I understand about your son - I know that when we lose one child the other child/ren become very precious - not that they were ever not precious - they become moreso though - 

My daughter is the rose in my life and has been since she was born - but since her brother died I have found a place in my heart that is very gentle and vulnerable - I can't possibly know what it's like to have your son make a bad choice in a partner - or perhaps rather her family - but I can imagine the pain it must cause - 

So - although I wish I had more time to write more I must go to bed but I am thinking of you

Dec

Dear @Shaz51 

Thinking of you today at your uncle's funeral.  Standing by your side, giving you hugs Heart

Hi @Owlunar  @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7  @Former-Member  hope you are all doing okay

@Razzle  thinking of you, hope today is a better day for you xxx

I'm angry at my hubby.  He went to the shops with a xmas voucher he got from our son.  He wanted to buy a pair of shoes.  so what does he do? he is at the shop and calls me and shows me all the shoes he has picked out and wanted me to pick which ones i thought would be good.  WTF!!!!  He is an adult and i am not making decisions for him as well.  it's bad enough that i struggle with making my own decisions.

so i told him "pick whichever ones you like, i don't care what he you pick"

Gee i was so angry, he does this all the time.  even at the supermarket he will call me and i have to make a decision on certain foods.  it drives me crazy!!!!!

trying to have an easy day today, it's nice and sunny.  Was not good last night, feeling very destructive and wanted to stop my meds.  But i have taken this morning's meds.

Dear @Shaz51 

Thinking of you today at your uncle's funeral.  Standing by your side, giving you hugs Heart

Hi @Owlunar  @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7  @Former-Member  hope you are all doing okay

@Razzle  thinking of you, hope today is a better day for you xxx

I'm angry at my hubby.  He went to the shops with a xmas voucher he got from our son.  He wanted to buy a pair of shoes.  so what does he do? he is at the shop and calls me and shows me all the shoes he has picked out and wanted me to pick which ones i thought would be good.  WTF!!!!  He is an adult and i am not making decisions for him as well.  it's bad enough that i struggle with making my own decisions.

so i told him "pick whichever ones you like, i don't care what he you pick"

Gee i was so angry, he does this all the time.  even at the supermarket he will call me and i have to make a decision on certain foods.  it drives me crazy!!!!!

trying to have an easy day today, it's nice and sunny.  Was not good last night, feeling very angry and wanted to stop my meds.  But i have taken this morning's meds.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance