Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I have a Job Interview tomorrow (Wednesday) morning - First Group Info Session, Manual Handling Exercises, Knowledge Skills Tests, then Interview.

For a job that is too stressful, requires a huge amount of daily driving (to & between clients), & is the lowest paid of virtually anything.

I have 12 year's experience working with Challenging Behaviours (in Disabilities).

So I know very well that it's very stressful (for me), that the distance driving for work is unmanageable - & that this type of work (field) has caused injuries & serious wear & tear to my body.

Yet this is the first & only Job Interview that I've been offered, in many months.

So Damned if I do, & Damned if I don't - Yes I feel obligated to do it, for the Wrong Reasons.

My overwhelm worsened, brain freeze & dissociation (with heightened anxiety) – for the rest of today.

Worsened by more triggering phone calls & emails, Re: Info Session & Interview.

I discovered their extra Paperwork (required) too late, this afternoon – completed that.

I’ve been unable to prepare myself for any Interview (tomorrow).

Tried to Ground myself with great effort (over several hours), not successfully.

The past few days have been nightmarish, a hard struggle.

Adge

So much negative talk. Telling me to do things yo sabotage myself 

it has to stop 

seeing my dictir this afternoon 

i can't stand it. 

I'm tired of everything 

I can't keep fighting 

Hi @Clawde 

I don't think we have 'met' on here before.  Just wanted to say hi and thanks for pressing the support button on most of my replies. 

Do you have a post about yourself?

Good to see you around

BB

I did not get offered the  job – They turned me down, this afternoon.

It was a long way away, 30 Km to their office – plus involved a lot of driving (easily 100 Km per day).

So not suitable - yet still disappointing, as this was my only interview in 6 months.

On a positive note, my GP said that I’m doing amazingly well – considering that I’ve lived alone for 10 years, & having lost my social engagements (through job loss).

He said that I am very strong - Yes I am grateful to hear that.

Yet I should not have to be so strong - it's because I have to be strong (on my own), just to survive.

Adge

Hi @Clawde 

im seeing that you're pressing the support button but not chatting. 
is there a problem with me?

you seem to be following all my replies to others and to be honest it's a bit uncomfortable because you don't chat. 
I asked you if you had a post of your own  but you didn't reply. 

Please don’t be uncomfortable
Clawde really likes your posts and has no real story here yet, just look after you and for what’s it worth your a lovely Sole honoured to talking to you Thankyou X

Ok thanks @Clawde 

I'm very paranoid at the moment sbd because you're not writing to me I was getting scared that my identity was known. 

im sorry it's my over reacting paranoia 

I hope you're ok. I try to be as honest as I can on here. 
im hoping that by me writing helps others. 

Thankyou your really nice and from what I read your amazing and doing wonderful work good on you my friend.

The pain is real

The exhaustion is real

this night is never going to end. 

I am sorry I can't be the mum you remember, I am sorry you have to watch this mess unfold. I am sorry I am not able to give the 21st you deserve my boy. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance