Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I have been so sick. I cannot remember half of it. All I know is I have to go for tests...... more tests and pea is scared of what they entail. I think they have to regig the heart......pea is scared 😞

I talk and get no response. I help and get no thankyou. I feel unheard and unappreciated and yet I cannot leave. I have tried to leave. I get no help. If I leave the person has no support and they need support but they are angry I would be too. So I try to remember that. And then it starts again.

An Open Letter

For want of a better place to post this letter

I would be pleased if people offer supporting or, if they wish, contrary comments to this post.

Unfortunately, there are situations that cannot be considered and reviewed, because some material, that might pertain to and assist in a discussion, has been either deleted voluntarily, or by direction.

Such discussion, without all of the relevant material, causes disharmony and uncertainty. This may be indicated by such a valid comment and question, given certain circumstances, regarding who can be trusted. Such a question, or the apparent necessity for it to have been raised and, that cannot be fully and adequately explored and answered, leaves a 'bitter taste' in our hearts and minds, because we can no longer resolve the implied, actual or specific question raised. All discussion has to be based on assumptions, or what is recalled by any person or people, of any post that is no longer available for general perusal.

As I have mentioned before, there have been times when other members and I have had a rocky patch in our interaction and correspondence, but we have looked for, in each other, those qualities that we have, subsequently, liked and appreciated and then steered our course to a much more favourable position. And that, with a new found awareness of what we may consider to be the other person's enjoyable and interesting qualities and characteristics. None of us are without some qualities and characteristics, that may be received and, or perceived by others, as negative, antagonistic, bridling etc., particularly in view of the reasons that we are all here. Yet if we are going to enjoy a constructive community, we have to constructively engage with the other person and, or people, work around those issues, or avoid them altogether.

We are also here for similar reasons to each other. However, each from a background, obviously different in nature and degree from each other. We are in a community where our personal positions are unique, though we may often experience the same or similar feelings, despite the separateness of our specific and particular circumstances. Consequently, there are times when we may choose to retire to a more private 'room' on the thread, possibly established by a “new discussion” thread, where we can discuss our concerns, differences and special issues that we would prefer to keep less open. At other times, we can be in the position of viewing other people's ideas from a reflective perspective, to assist us to know how we might come across to others at various times.

I believe, that these are some of the returns and benefits that we can harvest and learn, from our interactions on the forum. At other times we might respectfully avoid contact with someone else, and leave them to gain what they can from others and provide to others what they can give.

We can, at times, take offence when none was intended, or we can be so brittle, that a minor remark, by someone else, can be taken as a personal insult. While we expect care from other people, we also need to be careful about our own responses and reactions to other people's comments and observations, and the way that they have expressed themselves. It is very easy to be so precious towards ourselves, in perceiving offence received, that we may actually cause offence to others and inflame a situation well out of proportion to any real, or perceived offence. This can particularly be so when we are making accusations without the availability of supporting material, particularly when that material has been deleted. Sometimes, it may be better to stay quiet, so that other people can enjoy the use of the forum, without feeling as though they may have been accused, or not knowing if an accusation is directed toward them, or others, with whom they may have a sound relationship in forum correspondence.

With the wish that we be as open as possible in our communications, but also be careful about how we react and respond to what others have said.

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

I agree with you @HenryX , that when posts are deleted or amended, it causes a disconnect in conversations. And also the context of a post can be totally lost. People who respond to a post, which is later deleted or changed, is not always aware of the deletion and so cannot make appropriate changes to suit the situation. Unfortunately, I dont see a solution to the problem.

Thank you for your comment @Emelia8 

As suggested in the latter part of the post, I endeavour to personally make no negative comment, neither do I normally respond to, or discuss any comment, that may appear to be "negative, antagonistic, bridling etc.,", most particularly, if the comment appears to be a deliberate attempt to generate negative or unpleasant feelings. I may, sometimes, respond to such comments, if I can see a positive way of responding or discussing the general topic in which the comment is made. But generally, I apply the avoidance principle, particularly, if any development or discussion may cause ill-feeling or unpleasant disturbance for any other members.

Edit:   Apologies @Emelia8 , I did decide to add a futher comment, which may have been posted after your "Support". This note is just so that you have, if you wish, the opportunity to review your support. Cheers, HenryX

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

IDK what I'm feeling except the urge to make someone feel pain, ideally myself. But I'm going to try to ignore it and go to sleep first. 

I worry that I'll always be alone. I seem to have forgotten how to connect to people (maybe I never knew). 

@Maggie  How are you? Are you safe? I miss our conversations ..... I miss you. Love to you always peaxxxx

i feel like im not really coping. i cant really find a specific reason but im reacting to everything. i feel smothered by my own emotions plus the empath in feel feels so stronger for others too that its gotten out of control

Life is just too damm hard. I want all of this to be over. Why is this life testing me so much. There is only so much I can take. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance