Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Zoe7
Community Guide

What makes you happy?

Today is World Happiness Day so I thought it would be good to ask ourselves and each other What Makes Us Happy?

There is so much sadness, grief and unhappiness that currently surrounds us or has surrounded us in our struggles with our Mental Health and we often find it hard to both notice and live in the happier moments. It is essential that we recognise those things that do make us happy and try to have more of those moments in our lives - a smile from a stranger, snuggle time with our fur babies, a coffee with friends, a walk on the beach ...etc. - what are the things in your day that bring a smile to your face or warm your heart.

We all have those moments in our day - however small - that provide a little glimpse of happiness - so lets share some of those with each other. Sometimes we have to actively search for those moments and sometimes they come unexpectedly - but how do we hold onto them when they come and how do we sustain that happiness when we do not always feel like we can?

Please share the things that make you happy and ways that you can find a little of that in each of your days - when we search we often find and it can make such a difference to our outlook on life.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: What makes you happy?

Definitely my puppies 🙂 & camping, or more to the point having something to strive for that's enjoyable; rain & water in general; the different illuminations of sunlight & how it changes how everything looks; having friends on this Forum to talk to Heart 

What a brilliant idea for a thread @Zoe7 Heart

At the moment what makes me smile is reading @Exoplanet daily digest. 💜🤗 (just got my first smile and warm fuzzies for the day reading it then). 

Good post idea @Zoe7

I think the impact that small things can have on us can be quite positive for our MH.

Seeing the sunlight through the clouds. Kids playing up around the place. People laughing. Music. Music is a big one for me. Moments of quiet reflection.

Great thread! What makes me happy....the ocean! Love to be around it, seeing it, smelling it - makes me feel nice and grounded. Then of course my puppy! 

Love what is being shared here - good reminders of things to look out for too. ☀️

@Zoe7 

Heart

Music, goodness in people, nature and landscape, food, animals.

For a while nothing could penetrate my grief, but eventually it became possible to see and then feel the good things in life.  It does help to be on the look out for it.

Smiley Happy

@Zoe7  my my children make me happiest of all. Great thread Zoe7 🙂

Coming across this thread made me happy 😊

Every day when I take my kids to or from school I get hugs. Usually from mine (not always though depending on their mood 😉) but often from other littler people too. My heart always feels good for it ❤

Flowers are another thing that make me happy and my sock collection is something that makes me happy every day. That might sound strange but I have some pretty cool socks 🌈🦄🐱😆
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance