Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Snowie @outlander @Zoe7

I've had a busy day between my needs and my mother's, and I'm thoroughly exhausted. I feel like I don't have a moment to myself to breathe. I do like spending time with her, but she's quite talkative and often switches subjects without a explanation of what she is talking about. It's really hard for me to stay focused on her so much. Anyway, she is going tommorow for her housesit. And I will have peace again. Rant over.

I hope you are all doing OK.

Sounds like a tough and busy day for you @Sans911 , emotional overload too.

Hopefully tomorrow you will get some peace back Heart

Definitely emotional overload, especially after yesterday at the hospital. I'm having some high SI lately just from being overwhelmed.

How are you doing today?

@Snowie

It certainly does sound like an emotional rollercoaster for you @Sans911 Lovely to have the nice times with your mum though and then some peace again tomorrow. Family can be so draining especially when they stay with us. You are doing well to get through Hon Heart

Thats not good to hear about your SI @Sans911 

I know how much that is a struggle for you. I am here with you if you ever need/want to talk about it.

You have had some big days lately with little rest.

Had psych today. Lots on my mind, can't talk about it here. Trying to forget.

I'm sorry there's so much on your mind @Snowie - you've been through so much, especially recently. It would be nice if you could talk about here, but I understand why you can't. And yes, trying to forgot is sometimes the best option. But that's hard too. I really hear how painful life is for you.

Thanks @Zoe7.

It seems to pile up for us @Sans911 

There are some big things coming up that I know I need to deal with but am ignoring my thinking brain at the moment.

I've got my "I am blocking it all out" mind on at the moment!!!

Once you mum leaves tomorrow have you got a chance to have some me time?

Had many of those psych appointments in the past @Snowie and know how much things play on your mind. It's never easy after those sessions but I am glad you are reaching out here too for some extra support - it doesn't make it easier but you are not alone Hon Heart

Much love and hugs to you too @Sans911 ...and hope for an easier day tomorrow for you Heart

I know you understand too @Zoe7 

Thats why connecting here is so important

I know you have had a big day too with a few more to come

Big hugs hon Heart

Yeah I get it @Snowie The aftermath of those appointments can be more damaging than the actual appointment so you are right - connecting here with those of us who get it helps to feel less alone. I have Toby and chocolate for company tonight lol 

Going to be a long few days but need to get things done so have to find a way to do it all. Having some time out here is important too - just to relax a little and connect with a few people before I get stuck into it again - hard though to find that balance when there is so much to do.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance