Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

hugs @Sans911  HeartHeart

Hello @Snowie , @Zoe7 , @CheerBear , @Teej 

@Snowie @outlander @Zoe7 @CheerBear @Teej @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @MDT @Faith-and-Hope

Evening all. It's been an OK day today. Volunteering at the op shop is quite enjoyable and I had a special moment today.

A lady came in to seek financial assistance to get home to her country town. We don't offer financial assistance in store, and unfortunately most relief agencies aren't open until Monday. She told me her cancer had returned, and she just needed some money to get home. She was in tears at this point, and I asked her was she OK for food and shelter. She said she was homeless as of today. Two ladies in the shop overheard the conversation, with one of them working for a charity organisation. They both offered to take her to a local place where she could get a free meal at least, and then they would try to find a shelter for her to stay in. I was so touched and grateful to them for their kindness. Despite all the terrible things that happen in the world, there are angels of kindness. There is still good people who care.

Yes @Sans911 , there are .... ❣️  Thank you for sharing that story.  It’s a lovely one.

Thank you for sharing that story. It’s a lovely one. @Sans911  HeartHeart

Such a lovely story to hear tonight @Sans911 - restores your faith in people hearing those kind of stories Smiley Very Happy

@Sans911 

Heart

Yep there is a lot of goodness hiding here and there.  It is special when we get to be a part of it.

Heart

@Sans911 💜💜

Hello my angel @outlander

I'm just out having lunch at the moment. I'll be home within the hour

Enjoy your lunch @Sans911 just wanted to send some love 🤗

Thanks lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 💜 sending some back
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance