Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

It has just come up in conversation naturally @Former-Member  and she darling has agreed to let me make an earlier  appointment for her. Will mean travelling is all as he is only in town  once or twice a month but I really don't mind driving her down to his base if necessary. I think today just highlights how she is not coping at the moment. 

Today is probably proportional to her reaction when she scratched the car in the garage so it is largely a 'normal' reaction for Darling. The people helping managed the situation so well.  

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

And no one hurt so most grateful for that. 

@Determined 

Hoping you are able to cope OK, it is not easy. 🙏🙏🙏

Thanks @Former-Member 

Initally I went into panic mode until one of the ladies got the phone from darling and explained to me the plan of driving her home and that she was in good hands. Then I kind of went into fix it mode and on auto. Tomorrow will be the test .usually 24 - 48 hours after an event  is when things catch up with me. 

🙏 are much appreciated .

The "cope now, pay later" pattern is a familiar one @Determined. Hope you can schedule a couple of easy days ahead for you? At least it's the weekend now. Glad all are OK.

All good so far this morning.  All weary but no big issues from yesterday's excitment. 

@Determined 

images (48).jpg

Saw this and thought of you

Lol @Former-Member 

I used to have that as the background pic on my computer. 

I went for a short ride yesterday and it was a bit like that. 

Well after an up.and down couple.of days that were more down than up things are still holding steady here. 

I was a bit concerned about darling this morning but she was invited and went out to my mum's for the day. I think if she had declined mum would have come here. So grateful for that support. Being out of the house was defiantly better than spending the day hiding in bed. 

Car is at the panel shop.

The reckon it is fixable

I get to ride my bike more in the meantime as darling is driving my usual driver

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance