Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

NewBeginnings
Casual Contributor

Starting Anew

I have had a massive lifechange and now have to practice self care to get through.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Starting Anew

Hi and welcome, @NewBeginnings . It's good you've joined...part of your new beginnings maybe.

I'm not sure if your massive life change has been good or bad (it's OK, I don't need to know)...but your need for self care makes me think it might have been bad possibly. I'm sorry if that's the case. 

I hope you can take time to rest and get the self care you need. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification of your response and won't miss it. 

I hope you enjoy the forums and find them helpful. 

@NatureLover 

Thank you for your reply.

It was a negative life change (which I have had many throughout my life). I have worked very hard to be well and recover from alot.

Self care is a requirment for me to stay resilient despite this life change.

I wanted to reach out here at the forum to get support through this tough time.

Well done for reaching out, @NewBeginnings . I'm sorry you've had another negative life change. 

It sounds like you have taught yourself to be resilient and what you need to do to get through? That is an impressive skill. 

What are you feeling you might need in terms of support? E.g. a listening ear, advice on how to get professional support, or talking with people who are going through similar to you? 

@NatureLover 

A listening ear would be great. Some advise from those who have been through similar also, great.

I have professional support and am diligent in attending and actioning what I learn.

I am the most alone I have ever been in my life and the most at peace, though would appreciate support from understanding and caring people.

@NewBeginnings 

Welcome to the forum

Smiley Happy

"I am the most alone I have ever been in my life and the most at peace" 

Heart

That is a very powerful statement of resilience. 

Heart

There is a lot of good people sharing on this platform.  Share if you feel its helpful, or join in on social threads.

Smiley Happy

Adjusting to my new life change. Day by day things improve.

Thank you all for your support.

Hi @NewBeginnings , we're here with you!

Heart from cloudcore

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance