Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

oh ok thanks - I have an iphone so the samsung one is no good to me. Will look for the Nike one

Meggle

Found this that may help @Oaktree 

Just had a quick look for the Nike app and it was not what I thought .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/the-best-iphone-apps-for-tracking-steps/

@bipolarbunny, you like walking and cycling too 
@Determined 

Hi all, 

I enjoy walking, bush walking and jogging. I find trail running (well jogging because I don't go fast enough for it to be classed running haha) is great because I have to focus on where I'm putting my feet and can't think about anything else. 

@Oaktree I have an iPhone and I use the Adidas App. It used to be called Runtastic but I think Adidas bought it. It can be used for lots of different activities, not just running. I also love that I can add my joggers to track how many kms they have done. I like to replace them every 300km.  

Hi @Burgundy86 

Adidas app 👍

That is the one I was thinking of and  looking for. Thanks for the tip 😀

Managed 40km Hilly ride this morning.

(Over 500m of climbing) 

50km planned for the trainer in the morning. 

Also had a trip to the mountain bike trails this ave. Bikes have gotten heavier since I last lifted them on to the back of the car lol.  I need more practice I think. 

FB_IMG_1628843337647.jpg

Big bike ride today

Last half of home leg was hard but stoked with the effort. 

Hoping it is broad enough to mention here. I am not linked geographically at all kept that private. 

I have joined a nationwide cycling challenge for the month of October  raising money for kids cancer research. Perhaps some of the cyclists amongst us may like to look it up and join in if you are able. 

My main motivation is having spent some time in a children's oncology waiting room 🥺. Hard not to be emotionally challenged by something like that. 

Check out Great Cycling Challenge 🚴‍♂️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance