Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Emelia8
Senior Contributor

RU OK? day 2021

Today is RU OK? day for 2021.

Can I ask if YOU are OK?  

I'm not OK, and havent been for some time. I'm mentally, physically and emotionally at breaking point. But I take heart in realising that its OK to NOT be OK sometimes.  I know it won't always be this bad, and things will turn around eventually.  It's important to know in the meantime, that when you are NOT OK ... there are supports out there to help you through. So please reach out.  You dont have to battle through alone.

Emelia

23 REPLIES 23

Re: RU OK? day 2021

Great discussion @Emelia8 

I am sorry to hear you are not ok but glad you are reaching out for support and knowing that you are not alone in all of this. Besides professional support, you have us here to support you.

Thank you so, so much @Emelia8 for asking the question.

I'm sorry that you are at breaking point. That seems like such an inadequate response. I am a bit teary reading your post. It's so hard on so many fronts.

Seeing 'it won't always be this bad, and things will turn around eventually' gives me a little hope.

Thank you again.

Hello @Snowie, and everyone who needs to know there are people out there who care about the answer to that question.

Hey beautiful friend @Emelia8  great topic!!

Today is R U OK day.  I wonder how many people do actually ask others 'are you ok'?

It's a great because this is hopefully breaking down the stigma of mental health and it's ok to ask others and it's also ok to not feel ok on days.  

We can't do everything, we do have good days and bad days.

I'm sorry Em you're not okay; i know all the issues you are having and i really hope you can feel better soon

Hugs to you and everyone else 

@Snowie @frog  hugs 

Group hug to forum friends, particularly today!!!  HeartHeart

@Emelia8, thank you so very much for starting this thread and creating this space for this much needed and incredibly important discussion to take place. 

Thank you also, for your courage in speaking so openly and honestly about the fact that you yourself are not feeling ok right now and in so doing, showing that as you've said so excelently yourself, it's OK not to be OK. 

For anyone who may be struggling now, please know there is a place here for you on the Forums and many here to listen and sit with you. 💛

Around if you need to chat or sit @Emelia8 💕💕

Many people get shocked when you respond "No, I am not OK !".  I would rather respond truthfully with "No, I am not OK" rather than, "Fine, thanks" 

So does anyone else find that they are not ok, but don't know how to tell people? whenever someone asks me if I'm ok, I say yes, or I'm ok, but actually I really want to tell them I'm not ok - just can't make the words come out.. How do you find the courage to be honest about this?

Jeannie

Thank you for posting this topic, this is something that I need today

I'm not ok today...No, I have been not ok for months but I am not aware of it...I can't tell anyone cos it seems like most of them does not care and the ones who care do not know how to help me. I keep telling myself that things will get better but it's only getting worse, I even think about killing myself today. I live in 46th floor, I keep looking to the ground from my balcony and asking myself, "will it hurt if I jump from here?". I'm currently in the final semester at Uni, I'm going to graduate soon but I can not focus on my studying....I think I already ruin my future, I can't get into Hounours with these grades anyway...This bloody lockdown brings me back to all the memories that I had with my first love. Now he has a girlfriend, I feel I'm much less than her...and I have to learn one thing that he never loves me back...we can't be together...I feel like a loser. When I stopped seeing him one and a half year ago, I told myself that I would study hard so that I will make lots of money, and then I will have a boyfriend who loves me so much so that he will reger for letting me go but now look at me, my grades are bad and I don't have a boyfriend either, he would laugh at me. He did hurt me a lot but he said he would be always be here for me. He rejected me but why he still cares about me? I can't suffer this anymore. As an international student, when I first came here I was very exciting but now I have realized how much I hate living in Melbourne, everything here reminds me of all the sad things that I have been through, I'm homesick, I miss my family, I haven't seen them for 2 years now, I want to fly back when I graduate...but I can't. My family will be very disappointed in me if they know I want to fly back. They put a lot of hope in me, they have expected in me a lot, they want me to have a better future so that I can pass it to my younger siblings. My father has worked so hard to send me to study abroad, if I fly back, my mother said it's going to be like a slap on his face, and the relatives, neighbours will gossip about this and he won't have any face to face them. But if I stay here, will any places hire a person who doesn't even talk fluently in English? I don't have any special talents either, how can anyone hire me? Will I be happy when every second I live here, it all reminds me of the miserable memories that I had with my first love? But if I fly back, will my family happy? If they are not happy, I don't think I'm happy.

I feel like I neither can fly back or stay here. I am not happy anymore, I endure it. But I can't tell anyone. I think my Australian dream already ended, I already ruins my future, I am not a good daughter, I am a loser. I miss my old self, she was always positive about life, she always smiled and she always had a positive energy that everybody can count on. I know she's inside me, I know she's there, but I can't let her out...maybe she's dead, just like me feelings right now, I'm dead inside

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance