Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

steveaustin
Casual Contributor

Progress Update

Hello,

I feel myself as a person again. Its gradual, but here and there im feeling like "me", again. To put it simply, when I dont feel like me, I still do useful stuff, e.g cleaning, or spending time with mom. But its mechanical, and based on a random idea about what a good person should do. When I was in that non-me state, feeling disconnected, I was tempted to reach out to an old friend, because thats what loyal friends do. But he was really rude, and manipulative to me.

I don't feel that way anymore. I watched Steven Universe tonight and I legit laughed, and enjoyed it. It was a small moment of joy. It made me think "hey, I might do a bit of work tomorrow if it means I get Steven Universe as a reward". I feel so tired sometimes of being depressed, and now that im on Week 3, Day 2 of taking anti-depressants im glad that something is happening 🙂

I cancelled an event I was organising last week, bit of a bummer but also good for my health in the long-term. 

Im happy with my recent decisions.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Progress Update

Good to hear @steveaustin 

Finding balance between being loyal and submitting to toxic behaviour is huge. Struggling with that myself.

For a long time I was too downhearted to ever choose a comedy to watch, but in last few months I have been watching heaps.  I only watch shows or movies at night, but having a light hearted approach is a good balance to all my seriousness.  Watching NZ show Educators atm.

Cheers Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance