Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Mn12
Casual Contributor

My day

So I woke up today and took my child to school, i then had a coffee and went back to bed, I then did some work on the computer because even when I have a day off I can't stop thinking about work, I was yet to eat anything for the day because I was too anxious, I managed to eat something now but it is 330 and I am lying in bed still yet to brush my teeth or comb my hair, I just don't have the energy, I feel really guilty and sad that I have not done more, I live on my own 

12 REPLIES 12
LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Re: My day

Hi There Im sorry to hear that your having a rough day so far hopefully things improove for you some days it can be really hard to do much but just remember that your body or mind might be just telling you what you need for now is to take things slow plese take care its ok to have a bad day just do what you can and everything else can wait for now sending strenthHeart

Aniela
Community Guide

Hi @Mn12 

It's ok to have some days when you lack energy and can't really do much. Sometimes we need to take a break and have a day under the doona, or a day that isn't productive. We feel guilty sometimes, but it is important to go with what your mind and body needs. Please be kind to yourself especially today and the next few days.

It's ok to slow down.

Maggie
Community Elder

Hi @Mn12 . Sounds like a bad day.

You might like to take a look at Daily goals, motivation and check in . It’s a thread where we encourage each other, when we can, to just do something small.

You are doing your best, that’s all we can ever do. Take care.

Hello @Maggie 

What is your thread sweets so I can stay in touch? You are such a sweetheart xxx

@Anastasia  I’m avoiding my thread. It’s not something I can talk about. I so appreciate your thoughts and support. I’m hanging by a thread, a broken thread, but still hanging. I know you understand that too well.

Sending you lots of 💕💕💕💕

Since losing/leaving my job in May my days look a lot like this.... I will go for days not leaving my room (except to scrounge the empty fridge or cupboards for food) 

I dread someone dropping by unexpectedly and seeing me like this.... but it is how it is... thankfully my grown up children give me a swift kick up the bum and get me moving when it goes on too long 

Oh sweet @Maggie 

I am sorry. I do understand and I am here for you. You are such a beautiful giving soul. Please reach out if you need to chat xxxx

I hear you @Lostandalone sending lots of 💞💞💞 to you x

dylan1
New Contributor

that's ok there's no rush

Thankyou @Anastasia i tend to lose my voice when I need it the most.

I hope you are ok enough. I know you are strong, but tired. It’s a hard place to be. Tricywith your boy. Lots of these for you. 💕💕💕

@Lostandalone  Sorry it so rough for you too. Keep hanging on, it’s all we can do at times. 💕💕

@dylan1  Welcome to the forums.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance