Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Thank you all for your support, words, pictures

My crying is feeling like overflow at the moment.

Then there is no feeling...just blank...nothing...

I have had my therapy sessions out of whack for a few weeks.

I have a therapy session this afternoon. 

I will discuss further managing my boundaries around verbal abuse from some calls from family member.

I had a system that was working well even though exhausting.

What works for a while changes and then I have to try to reach the person from a different aspect.

My sister has not been in touch and forgot about our dinner arrangement before she goes away. She is now on her way overseas.

Helping younger son is exhausting also...he needs my support with his new build and also new job.

Husband needs support with his health as he is very stubborn.

He is very supportive though.He does try to understand ..very hard when you have never experienced anything like it.

He does not get how depression can suddenly take over and devour me..He tries to be supportive and kind.

Hard for others when we become this empty body where the mind has left a great dark abyss..

I know that you all have so much yourselves.

Self care, venting, or just pressing support means the world to us all.

I might not be around for a while.

Then again I might.

I do not have a clue.

I am thinking of you.

I will be back..

I am still supporting you even though you cannot see my words.

@Exoplanet your analogy made perfect sense.

I strongly believe that the mind and body are so entwined emotionally as well as physically.

I do hope that I have not upset you in reading my words. This is why I have not tagged you over here.

My state of mind at the moment is something that I have to deal with. I will get through this I know.

Please all look after yourselves, practise self care, believe in yourselves and be proud of how compassionate and supportive you are.

@Exoplanet @Maggie @greenpea @outlander @Adge @Former-Member @Former-Member @Flying_Hams ..good luck with your interview

@eudemonism @Meowmy @TAB @eth @Appleblossom 

💜

@Sophia1 take care. Hope all get better soon.

@Sophia1 

Hi 💜 just contemplating life and my situation at present...

Doing what i got to-to get through ...

Eude 

Heart @Sophia1  and @eudemonism 

I freely & wantingly give my support @Sophia1 , as do many others Heart
If I was with you I'd freely & wantingly give you a gentle hug & sit quietly beside
you Heart
I don't think having your routine out of whack would be helping, I hope your therapy
session went well Heart
My Father had a big booming voice, just his voice alone could reduce me to a shaking,
blubbering wreck. Sticks & stones they say about the bones, but words they lie about
them; they break the thought & emotional process in the brain - which affects the
whole body & that does hurt. I'm sorry your receiving verbal abuse from some family
members Heart
Dealing with people that have known you your whole life, as family members do,
is exhausting; there is so much information involved, so much emotion, changing
so many thoughts so often.

The all powerful void of darkness,
nothing can withstand it,
it consumes all,

All a person can do is avoid it,
Not walk along the edge,
avoid the fall,

For once you have started the falling,
you may be forever
slowly falling

But even falling must stop one day,
then there is just darkness
empty delay

Everyone has so much going on in their lives. Particularly the forumites from this site; this site is sort of an official way of accepting that everyone has so much going on in
their lives, that those with different thought & emotional processes really can end up struggling a great deal.

I will be thinking of & supporting you, with or without words. Your post did not upset me in any way, I was grateful to receive it Heart

Your state of mind at the moment is very important, it's a part of who you are & you are strong, you are healing & dealing with so much. You will get through Heart

You look after you, believe in you & let yourself be proud of how compassionate & supportive you are Heart

Love to you @Sophia1  HeartHeartHeart

Hello all

I had my therapist session on monday...prn increased...he listened to the message left on my phone by family member and confirmed that member was in psychosis.

I am so torn between wanting to support ..at the same time aggressive abuse triggering memories from my past.

I have been advised to step back for a while.

if I am no better or worsen in a couple of weeks he wants me back in hospital.

A part of me wants to go to escape the whole world..

the other part knows that everything around me will fall apart...

Everything that I have spent so much time on building up for younger son...older son with listening carefully...husband...new house...

I just dont want to think about it.

I am so very weary and worn down...I had lunch with son yesterday and my confusion and forgetting words, what I was doing was so obvious..

then I just hate myself..

old habits of mind destruction when illness takes over..

I spoke to husband about depression again and he was good, washed up the dishes and cooked dinner. 

My back where latest operation was is very sore and a lot of bruising has come to the surface...I cant do my stretches for other major back operation...This is making me worse.

I have another therapist appointment in half an hour.

Thank you @Exoplanet 

Feeling the gentle hug and your presence..warm and reassuring..

Thanking you for being over here also when you have far too much to deal with..

I find that in supporting others, recognising their pain distracts me from mine.

@outlander  noticed you on the worry room. I am sorry that I did not remember to ask how your infection was affecting you still. I hope that your doctor is keeping a close check on your health. Also that your poppa's doctor is monitoring the situation there.

The crochet blanket must be starting to grow.

@eudemonism  I understand the scenario of being able to put one foot in front of the other..one step at a time..You are a survivor and have such a good heart..

I am going to force myself to go outside for ten minutes to bring myself back to reality and try to shake off some of this blech...

To all others whom I have not specifically written to of late, I sincerely do not know where you are up to with your own struggles. I still feel for you the same

💚

Love to you @Sophia1   I'm a bit the same with losing track of what's going on for people.  I'm always busy midweek and it feels like i lose track on those days and spend the weekend catching up, often missing out on real time connections with almost everyone.  I want you to know I think of you often and send my warmest wishes when I do.

@Gazza75 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Exoplanet   ... you too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance