Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

The kids start tomorrow @tonys and I am pretty excited to see them all - some I had last year and some new faces as well. No doubt by the end of the week I will be exhausted but hopefully that is because we all had fun. Will let you know how I go later 😁

@Zoe7  hey there mate.   Thanks for popping in.   Kids can really take it out of you I bet.  Some days you do a head count,  few short,   Other days,   you have a few left over.   I guess you just average it out,   thats how I manage the chooks .   So lucky are you to be doing something you love.   Queen of the playground.

Have a great week @Zoe7  and do call again.   I'll put a fresh pot on the stove.

Tonys moon base one

Hey @tonys I had a giggle at the comparison between the kids and your chooks lol Some days it does feel like a classroom full of chooks wandering around and just doing their own thing. Those days are the hardest but also rewarding - especially where their little personalities are visible and they are engaged in their own thing. I will let you know if it is a week of calmness or more akin to runaway chooks... 😉

Hello @tonys 

Your wishful thinking about harmony was spot on...

harmony got in the way of the submarine diving full pelt..

enough attempting to be poetic..

the dreadful etc etc etc non existent system stuffed up everything

all my hard work and strength

treading on eggshellls

protecting my  adult cub all threatened and tossed around as though litter blowing along a dusty old road somewhere in the middle of nowhere

have been avoiding writing on here as have been struggling to find the surface..

found a drifting remnant of a once piece of sailing vessel hanging in there like me

So I am not here for sympathy or to drag down anyone else

I am very much still thinking of you as you do matter to me virtual or not

you have picked up my pieces before

as have you @Jacques @Appleblossom @Zoe7 

the battle has spread like fungus

the fallout has sent me right back to the beginning

now I have a missing adult cub again because this blasted unhealthy system has failed us yet again

I need time

Husband has skin cancer back

I dropped something on my foot and not sure if tiny fracture!!!!! Can you believe it?

It has been windy and I hate the wind

Nature behave....be nice to me...

Sorry all.

ps Jacques I drowned my hydrangea in home made coffee fertiliser.

I hope that it will  be forgiving..

I also hope that your gardenia is feeling much better and rewarding you with some uplifting leaves.

Tonys I hope that your lungs are being king to you meant to say kind but will leave king there

you are a king sitting at your table ready to share with all

I miss you my friends

save a place at the table for me for when I can next visit bringing a better offering

your loyal f riiend

Sophia 1

Hugs please and here is one for all

Ooooh @Sophia1 Gentlest of hugs for you and thinking of your adult cub being tossed around.  Wish it were better for him, it is heart breaking.  We are here for you, and please be reassured you have never brought me down.  There is something in truthfulness that is nurturing even when it is difficult and sad.

@Zoe7 I have a friend who keeps chooks and raises quail.  She is pretty sure they have personalities.  Even at the zoo, the lions, gorillas, vervet monkeys, tortoises etc had personalities.

Hey

@tyme @Jacques @tonys 

Going to guerilla garden this evening to give it some much needed water, and drag a few more trees for mulching.

Lol I know I move quickly from plant to animal to human kingdom and cycle through them. It is my way of coping.

Thank you for sharing your way of coping with us. I like it @Appleblossom !

@Sophia1    dear  oh dear.    You have had the perfect bad week,   but I'm here with medicine bag in hand.  We'll start with the foot.   Ice pack, elevation,  and if its the tiny ones above the middle toes,  well it may need a cast.  Mine did.  and I know you.  Your not going to do as you are told and stay of it.   May have to send the book keeper,  wooden spoon in hand,  to slow you down a bit.

You my friend will encounter more wrecks and storms than me.   You have the courage to' 'round the cape'   while I just stick to the charts,  but then you are a mother in constant combat mode,  for those in your care.    An  Elevated stress environment. The world,   The system can wait for a bit..

You just cant captain the whole fleet,  all of the time.  Somethings bound to run up on the rocks.

One look at my farm will reveal the many flying machines,  scattered dreams, in pieces all around.   Salvaged,  rebuilt,  only to find another tree. . .  I never, ever  learnt to fly them.   I just learnt to handover to some one that could. . . . and the ones I built from lead.  Comes the time that I had to learn the hardest lesson of all.     To,  . . .   Accept.

Please for me,  don't be so tough on yourself all the time.    There is nothing wrong with letting go of crooked roads,  putting your feet up   and accepting room service...

Its strange.   I was penning communications to missing sub commanders and you surfaced.

I do hope I havnt been to forward with words my friend.   I just want you to have a happy life.

One voyager to another.                           tonys   moon base 1

@Appleblossom  Thats because you have a lightning  quick mind.   Feeding It with a diverse diet,        A well honed style.

Slip slop slap.               its hot

Best wishes ..                               tonys   moon base 1

Ahhh dear @tonys methinks it is more that all I had to talk to for a long while were the plants,,,,so they are troo friends.... then a few animals ... and finally getting back to talking to hooomans.... online and irl.

@Appleblossom   I did say once ,  your an oak.   Oaks say little but speak volumes.

The longer I  admire a painting,  the more I realise its taking me to a place my words cant go.

Very best to you                         tony  mb 1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance