Skip to main content

Re: Knitting

Hi there @maddison @Gwynn @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Former-Member @hanami @Daisydreamer @Former-Member @tyme @Former-Member @Eve7 @Paperdaisy and all crafty critters here.

Today is Granny Square Day so I thought I’d post a photo of my latest creation I’m currently working on here to acknowledge this day in the crafty community. It’s not the best photo I’m afraid to say but it does the job. I started working on it back when I was at PARCS in June and have been slowly working on it since along with doing some knitting of blankets for charity. The aim of this granny square blanket is to have yellow, green and white as the other colours of the blanket included to make it a large blanket for me. It’s using a 4.25mm crochet hook so it’s taking time but I’m enjoying it. 

I finally finished the main section of an adult blanket for charity this afternoon which I started back in late June at PARCS and now I have to knit 2 black strips of 180cm long to add to make a border for the sides of the blanket as it’s only 110cm wide and needs to be at least 120cm wide for an adult blanket at the minimum. I’m 50cm in to the first black strip of 30 stitches wide on 5mm needles so I’m slowly getting there! 

84621728-0CCC-41DC-9A44-CAD73D8B5067.jpeg

I hope you enjoy your hobbies!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

It's beautiful @Judi9877! It's like one GIANT granny square and I love it!

I'll upload a photo another time, but I'm working on a very cute cardigan. I've unravelled my current project 4 times over the last 4 months to start again because it wasn't right. BUT I think I've finally got it right hehehe

Hi @Former-Member @Gwynn @maddison @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Former-Member @Paperdaisy @tyme @greenpea @Daisydreamer @yellowcorgi and all other forumites joining here. Time to add another post to this discussion thread!

Over the past 2 months, I’ve been working on several projects including an adult blanket I’ve just finished for charity yesterday but which now needs to have a border added on it according to new rules by the charity I knit for. I didn’t expect this so it’s now more work for me to do unfortunately but I’ve now learnt that this is a new rule for blankets so I’ll make sure I do a border in future. See below for the blanket. 

17FC32B4-08E7-43AE-9B67-2BB5CFFD67BC.jpeg

I’ve also got a cable scarf I’ve had to restart since it got damaged by liquid in my room so I have that I’m working on slowly which I’ll post a photo of in another post later on. Add to this, a moss stitch scarf I started last month whilst on holiday in Echuca with wool my housemate purchased on a visit to the Bendigo Woollen Mills on the way to Echuca for her and I’ve got several projects on the go at the moment! That also doesn’t include the 3 crochet granny square blankets in various parts of completion and 2 other blankets on 5mm knitting needles that I’m working on for myself and my housemate in different colours and I think I’ve got lots of projects to keep me busy!

Take care! 
Judi9877☺️💐🧶

Good on you @Judi9877 

The closest I come, is getting my sewing box out and mending a few items.  I am happy with with that.  One of the mending pieces, a jacket, shows I lost weight on my arms since 20 years ago ... lol ...a win!  I got all jazzed up tonight for music and snacks with friends.  It was lovely.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good evening @Judi9877! You've got so many projects on the go! I'm sorry that there are new rules for the charity, but whoever gets this blanket will be so lucky. It will brighten anyones day ☀️ The rainbow yarn is so pretty 🌈

For me, I've been knitting a cotton cardigan without a pattern. Today I unravelled a whole arm which I had a feeling would happen! But hopefully it's a quick fix. Then I need to crochet a few ties on the front to finish it up!

D0EE4D9F-9A7B-4571-A6AF-835F923E56C7.jpeg

 someone just sent me this @Judi9877 

Hi there @Eve7 @Gwynn @Former-Member @Appleblossom @maddison @Shaz51 and all forumites here. Thanks for the lovely comments about my blanket.  Very much appreciated☺️!

@Former-Member great job on the jumper! You’ll get there eventually! Don’t give up please! Maybe you can post a photo of the jumper soon? 

@Eve7 I’ve seen people on Facebook go about knitting Queen Elizabeth dolls ever since she died and a few months before that which I find is quite remarkable and talented. Thanks for sharing the image by the way!  I’m not up to that standard by any means I’m afraid! I’ll just keep on sticking to what I know and do best which is blankets, beanies and scarfs with the odd jumper for myself when I can get around to knitting one. This morning and last night, I spent some time working on a cable scarf for my housemates mother which is long overdue and has been causing me lots of trouble just getting it done. This is the 4th time I’m working on it after having trouble with the wool getting damaged and lost in the several house moves since 2018 I think when I first started it. I’m determined that this will be the last time I do it as I really want to get it completed and handed to my housemates mother as she’s been asking for it for so long. The pattern is 8 rows and 43 stitches on 6.5mm needles using 2 strands of 8 ply pure wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills. I’ve done 96 rows so 12 repeats of the pattern with lots of wool left to knit - another 2 balls on top of the 2 I’m currently using- and it feels like it’s taking absolute forever to do. I’m aiming for 24 rows each night give or take a few repeats so hopefully I’ll be able to give it to her for Christmas this year! There’s 400m in each ball of 200g of wool and the scarf pattern says it should measure 240cm in the end so I’ve still got a long way to go. I just have to keep on being motivated to knit it. 

2906DEC1-8BD7-4D9A-A381-ECC5B6895A38.jpeg
I’ve also been knitting a moss stitch scarf for my housemate which I started last month whilst on holiday in Echuca using 2 strands of Bendigo Woollen Mills wool that my housemate chose when we visited the shop on the way to Echuca in Bendigo. That scarf has 49 stitches on 5.5mm knitting needles and uses 4 balls with me part way through the second lot of the 2 balls in magenta and purple. Again, I’ll post a photo later on when I do more of it.

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Judi9877 @Judi9877 @utopia @BlueBay @Appleblossom @Maggie @Eve7 

Good evening folks! I've been busy knitting and crocheting items for myself but I need some help! 

I'm trying to think of some small-medium projects to make for some Kris Kringle gifts. Does anyone have ideas? So far I have

Also, I've ben working on this knitted cardigan. It's got a cute angled front and I'll stitch some snap fasteners on too. Anyone have other projects on the go?

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 6.02.14 pm.png

Nup here. Sorry @Former-Member 

I gave up knitting cos of crook carpel tunnely wrists and too many other things to do. 

Nothing like good woollens though ... They look like good ideas.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I thought I saw in this thread that you don't knit anymore @Appleblossom ! but I couldn't agree more - good woollens are always great gifts ❤️