Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

INTERVENTION!

So I've decided this little dinosaur needs less forum time lest her cranky pants get pulled up to her bitch boobs permanently and all hell breaks loose. 

SO:

I need some new websites to procrastinate on, and I'd like your recommendations. 

What do you do when you are anxious/nervous/unsettled and you're using the computer? 

@Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @CheerBear @Phoenix_Rising @utopia

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Queenie

@outlander @Flying_Hams @Catcakes @greenpea 

and anyone I've missed. 

94 REPLIES 94

Re: INTERVENTION!

I really can't help you out here @Former-Member 'cos I 'make' pictures...........

I go in search of beautiful images @Former-Member ..... or look up funny cats or other funny cat-like animals.  I look up travel destinations and learn more about them, even if I will never go there .... like Malta for instance .....

I look up aspects of history ..... like Roman bath towns .... or “origin of” in relation to cooking, and ancient recipes .... which often links to ancient scripts and other things.  It was interesting coming to understand that Normandy was a Viking settlement in northern France, for instance, and what the cross between Viking and French culture, art, cuisine etc produced .....

I am definitely an armchair traveller and scholar .... lol .... internet = window on the world .....

Hi @Zoe7 👋 💕

I did have abit of a giggle. Its so honest lol @Former-Member besides here i tend to go on ebay, looking for online courses or activities near me like the library. Youtube is another one.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope you've just given me a really really good* idea.
I might start a blog of sorts, about my favourite dinosaurs and archaeological sites. I've always wanted to be able to dedicate a bit of time to these topics. A little light hearted research and write up might be total nerdy 5-HT kinda fun!

* In a 5-HT kinda way

That sounds pretty cool @Former-Member 🙂

Hey @Former-Member I could make really cool dinosaur pictures for your blog lol

Excellent @Former-Member .... ❣️

Love archaeology ..... 

Gotta fly now.  Back later .....

haha @Faith-and-Hope 'gotta fly' - love it Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member Ummmm .... Good question ... I get up and make a cup of tea and have a healthy snack walk around for a bit. Maybe explore different forums to get differing ideas on things and then when I feel calmer I go back to what I was doing. Sometimes I just need to have a rest on the bed for awhile to calm my mind.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance