Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I forgot to be gentle

@Powderfinger I hear your frustration when people praise your resilience - I can't find it now, but I've come across a quote before which effectively says that we shouldn't have to be praised as resilient- we shouldn't have to go through the adversities we're put through in the first place- the focus should be on making the world itself less harsh to be in. E.g., people shouldn't be abusive; there shouldn't be prejudice and discrimination; affordable and secure housing shouldn't be difficult for people to access; etc. 

Given everything you've been through, I can absolutely understand how you struggle to trust people. It makes so much sense. I also think that healing and trusting is possible, though - it'd likely take time, for sure, but it's possible. If you'd ever like to chat about it, feel free to book a call Smiley Happy

Take care Heart

Re: I forgot to be gentle

@Former-Member 

Thanks I will try call today if I can cope with a phonecall. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance