Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

dhr53
Senior Contributor

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been on for a while and once again it is when I am at my lowest. Life sucks sometimes, and sometimes I truely wonder what’s the point. But it is all just my negative self talk that makes it so bad. To all out there who are suffering, it is really hard sometimes but talking to someone and having an outlet can help.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hi everyone,

hi @dhr53 and welcome back though im sorry its because your struggling so much. Has anything happened to cause your Mental health to go backwards?

@Sans911 @Appleblossom @Former-Member maybe you guys could suggest things too.

Hi @dhr53

Sounds live life has gotten pretty tough lately. Are you taking care of yourself? Eating, drinking, getting adequate rest/sleep, maintaining self-care?

These are things we often forget when we're down, but making small efforts can help a little.

It's good though that you recognise the negative self talk. Have you got a support person you can talk to about how things are?

Of course, you have us here in the forums if you want to talk about anything.

I have had a few things happen. Mainly to my partner who is not well and hasn’t been for a couple of years. I feel very resentful. I do pretty much everything, domestically, financially, maintain everything, and looking after his health. So I am drinking way too much, to help me deal with all this. We are somewhat isolated, and I am so sick of travelling to do anything. He is happy being at home doing very little and I don’t know how to cope with this growing resentment.

i see @dhr53 Perhaps having a thread on the carers side would be helpful as well. As a carer myself i relate to those feelings of resentment. When SANE chat/calls are avalaible again they are quite helpful to talk to about our caring roles and the feelings that come with it. Carers australia is also pretty good as well for support for yourself.

Hi @dhr53  Sorry things are tough in the partner dept.

@Sans911 has a good down to earth approach, but its still hard.

It can be good separating out the caring aspects of mood and the personal ones.  So we dont lose our sense of self in the relationship.

Like @outlander I am on both sides of the forum as I care for my son and have too much  Lived Experience of mental ilness... dry laugh ...

It is amazing that reaching out online does help and a wonderful community is evolving here.

Smiley Happy

Thank you for that advise, may be I do need to talk to carer support.

Thank you reaching out does help. I love my partner but as I said I feel so resentful, it is not healthy for our relationship. And I can’t talk to him, because it upsets him.

Life is hard...that's why I say it's like any other day - people talk about 'New Year'

and it's always in the media they go on and on but in reality life is about the same...

We are the same people with the same problems that haven't been resolved ......

I'm agoraphobic and anxiety 

I hope no one asks me anything about what i 'did for New Years' or any rubbish like that when I go back to work on Friday

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance