Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

NewBeginnings
Casual Contributor

Delayed Closure

Two and a half years ago my relationship ended but it immediately transformed into a platonic friendship which didn't leave any space to experience grief and have closure. Today that friendship has completed disolved and now I am able to grieve the loss of the relationship that I was in.

Finally I will be able to have closure of the loss of my relationship. Now I will be able to get on with my life in a healthy way.

The catch to the situation is that I am estranged from my family and my friendship was the only human interaction that I have. I have been phoning helplines to debrief the intense emotions that are surfacing which is helping.

I prefer to be alone than with dysfunctional people that are negatively affecting my mental health.

Sad at the moment but very excited to be able see in the near future I can move on with my life.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Delayed Closure

Thank you for sharing @NewBeginnings .

I also hope this closure will enable you to move on to greater and better things.

Although isolating yourself is a way of managing at this time, I hope one day you will be able to comfortably connect with others in person. 

For the mean time, I encourage you to continue connecting anonymously here on the forums. It is a great start.

BPDSurvivor

Thanks for sharing this. You are doing well.  I would love to experience at relationship one day, but only a wild dream. 

Hi @NewBeginnings
Sorry to hear that you are feeling sad but you are also feeling excited about the future which is great to hear!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance