Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Every little bit is progress @Smc 😀.

That's the hope @Former-Member. 🙂

We needed to move a few things around today to get to some needed items, and I found a couple of boxes of miscellania that I'd put aside to "sort out later" way too long ago. A quick glance tells me that the "keep this, toss that" decisions shoud be pretty easy. Here's hoping for noticeable advances next week.

I managed to clear off my office desk this morning burning off some nervous energy. Found an old power bill I have been searching for.  Should make study a bit easier now that I can actually see the top and have flat area to work on. Another full bag of rubbish. Always a mystery as to why I hang on to some things. 

@Determined, I know in our household there's lots of stuff that I don't want to hang on to, but which I do need to sort through before tossing. Sometimes it's nothing to do with wanting to keep stuff, and lots to do with not having mental energy to make those aforementioned "toss or keep" decisions. So the default is to either toss it all or keep it all. Seems both of us tend to the latter option.

That is a reasonably accurate summary @Smc 

I have Mr Darcy wanting to put unpacked things away and is putting them in places which are quite unsuitable just to get them out of sight. The unpacked boxes are all lined up and there is constant rearrangement if we need to access one of them, still putting the least utilised box on top of one that has tools in it that we have needed to use. We are waiting on a shed company to get back to us in relation to the existing shed which is in a state of total disrepair and not usable.

I have Mr Darcy wanting to put unpacked things away and is putting them in places which are quite unsuitable just to get them out of sight.--- ha ha mr shaz would leave them where they are @Former-Member 

How are you going @Libra  @Radleritis ?

Hi @Shaz51 ,@Darcy,

I have to say that Iam a little OCD when it comes to decluttering and tidying...it is so cathartic. I spent Saturday cleaning out the downstairs room/office/storage area. For the last 2 years I have been paying rent on a storage shed to store my sons furniture and some personal effects, and made up my mind, that enough was enough (wasted $'s).

I would love to just get rid of the furniture, but it's all he has in the world and I feel it's my responsibility to keep it until he manages to get a place of his own.

S0...I had a huge clean up and made room to store most of it at home. My mission this week is to find a removalist to move it back home for me. Another worry off my mind!

The room looks so much better now and I feel like I'm moving in a morre positive direction.

Watch out, the linen cupboard is next on the list!...and after hearing about @shaz51 and her paperwork, I need to go through all my folders!

Enjoy your Sunday, cheers Libra.

Hi @Former-Member ,

Have to admit that initial "Yes, lets do it!" has dissolved a bit. Still, my wife started sorting out one of our spare bedrooms (aka storage)  🙂  

It seems like the weekend is just not long enough and after work, during the week are not much energy left to do any serious cleaning/decluttering. Will see how I go in the next few days as there is still plenty left to do.

Thanks for checking @Former-Member 

🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance