Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Helloooo @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Determined ....anyone else around.

There's an excess garbage collection happening this month in our town, so I'm keeping half an eye for anything I might put out while I'm doing stuff.

I'd always rather re-use or rehome things though, so by the time we toss something out it really is garbage. So far the boxful I've put out has been of no interest whatsoever to those who are cruising the streets salvaging.... 😛

Vendor left a bit of stuff behind and with the exception of a couple of items she cannot recall leaving here assures me she doesn't want anything.

Wanted items sorted and put aside to be returned to vendor.

Box of goodies sorted to take to my sister.

The rest to go to the op shop.

@Former-Member 

Decluttering home = decluttering your mind?

We feel much better by getting rid of some stuff we were holding onto and will still more to go. It is like a whole cleansing process. 

🙂

@Former-Member, we've got a few things here that were left-behinds by the previous owner. She was a friend of ours, and they were generally things that were useful enough at the time. Over the years a fair bit of it has ended up being passed on to others because they weren't exactly what we preferred, although they were functional enough.

I think there's about eight of those items still in the house. Two we'll happily keep indefinitely (a sturdy timber bookcase and a nice Victorian sideboard), two have been "superseded" and will be moved on (1960s buffet and louvered linen cupboard), four I'm not sure about (huge wardrobe...might become carport storage, big wardrobe...surplus to requirements but difficult to fit out a doorway errmmm, a nice but in-need-of-repairs timber dining chair, and a dining table...functional enough but surplus to requirements).

@Radleritis wrote:

@Former-Member 

Decluttering home = decluttering your mind?

We feel much better by getting rid of some stuff we were holding onto and will still more to go. It is like a whole cleansing process. 

🙂

Hi @Radleritis 

We (I) certainly found this when we moved house.
Clutter is something that has always bothered my darling but I didn't consciously notice.

When we put our house up for sale the agent diplomatically suggested that our homes true potential could be better seen if there were less treasures inside. (It was a really small house). Well after emptying out our house to essentials only I can not believe how freeing that was.  Definatly a cleansing process. 

I forget where I put them...

@Libra  do feel free to post your decluttering  and home maintenance adventures. Love to hear of any successes, no matter how small.  

If you have a particular issue and would like to hear how some of us have handled similar problems you just need to ask.

hello @Former-Member , @Libra , @Determined , @Smc , @Radleritis 

just threw out a garbage bag full of paper from the filling cabinet Smiley Very Happy

Love your work there @Shaz51

images (58).jpg

I've been a bit flat on the decluttering, but the cold weather spurred me on to clear out stuff that had re-accumulated in front of the woodstove. Guess that's something.

Am hoping to do some de-junking while Hubby's away next week. Sometimes being by myself means I'm a little more clear headed for getting tasks done. But I'll miss him.... glad Younger Daughter will be here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance