cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Shazi55
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Rain! 💦

All last night and for most of today it rained!

I don't know how anyone else feels but rain soothes me

Coming into this fire season I didn't realise how much tension I was carrying until it rains... only then when that tension is released as my guard drops do I realise how much I've been carrying without realising the full weight of it.

How do you feel about the rain? 

4 REPLIES 4
Burnt

Re: Rain! 💦

I have never appreciated rain so much in my life then I do now! I remember this time last year, it had been so so long without any rain. All anyone could talk about was how dry and dangerous it was. Then the fire came. This year is totally different, every time we have a hot day, we get a cool shower at the end of it. If only I had water tanks to catch it. Rain rain rain! Love. 

I've always liked rain, particularly listening to it overhead when I'm indoors and can hear it on the roof. Listening to it can be really soothing! I can't imagine the sense of relief hearing that rain would bring with it for you given what you've been through, in many ways, giving 'soothing' a whole new meaning!! To me, rain almost seems like the antidote to fire, so no wonder it seems to have washed away that weight from your shoulders. As Delta Goodrem said, let it rain!! 💦🌧🌦💦 

Fizz

After almost four years of drought at least 2020 saw rain happen again and my dam which had dried out is now full to overflowing making the ducks and geese very happy. For the first time in years we are above average rainfall levels, which is so welcomed. I  can't recall the last time my place was this green at the start of summer - it definitely has been a circuit-breaker. I hate summer but am at least entering into this one feeling much more clamer than receny years   

Burnt

So refreshing to hear. I love that your dam is full. So thankful for the rain this year 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: