Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

s-jay
Senior Contributor

5TH BDAY: SANE Forums!!!!

SANE Forums started 5 years ago this month!!!

WOW

Thank you to all the members - whether you post every day or just every now and then, whether you have been here for years or arrived today!

This community is only the sum of it's members.

The support, connection and belonging we see here is nothing short of incredible.

I want to give a little shout out too, to the thousands of people reading every day who might never post, but belong to this community all the same. We're here for you too.

In order to get the word out about our 5th Bday, we made this little video: would you be up for sharing it???

SANE's facebook

SANE's YouTube

SANE's Twitter

I

19 REPLIES 19

Re: 5TH BDAY: SANE Forums!!!!

I want to give a little shout out too, to the thousands of people reading every day who might never post, but belong to this community all the same. We're here for you too.

WOW @s-jay 

I have been here 4 years this month

way to go Sane Australia and many many more years ahead xxxx

medal.png

well done.jpg

OMG wow, happy birthday sane, you have saved my life and I know for a fact you have saved many others. 

I was in a really bad way when I first arrived on the forums, but with your care and support, you all went over and beyond forr me and I am going to be eternally grateful to each and every one of you. 

Thank you my dearest friend @Shaz51  for the reminder, how are you my dear friend

And @Jacques  you were here for me when I came and needed someone to talk too xxxx thank you 

you so so kind to me @Shaz51 i can't believe how far we have all come in that short space of time. this is truly a valuable service and im so so glad it is here for us to utilise

Love the video @s-jay totally encapsulates what this community is about - support for and with everyone - no matter where we come from or who we are we are all together in this journey and part of this community. 

I have been part of this community for 3 of those years and through that time have had immeasurable support and encouragement both at my very darkest and along the journey to returning to work. It is those members here who have held me up, walked alongside me, held my hand and most of all stopped me from drowning when I could see nothing but darkness that have been invaluable for my survival. ...and along the way I have not only made connections but friendships with people I trust and truly care for - and that has helped me to not only understand myself more but also others also walking this Mental Health road. 

Individually we have our own issues to deal with but together we are made feel we are not alone - that is the power of this community and I for one am so grateful to both have found it and also to be part of it. It allows us to have a voice, have support, have connections and most of all to be heard - and that is what we all deserve.

Happy birthday SANE forums and thank you for the privilege of being part of this community Smiley Very Happy

Happy Birthday SANE!!!!!

Well it turns out I've been here since almost the beginning - I think it was September or October 2014 I first posted about the onset of bipolar when travelling - and here I am preparing for another trip next week.  I cope so much better these days and SANE has a huge role to play in that.  I've made some really solid friendships and also get to meet new people all the time.  I receive wonderful support and also support others, which in itself is good for my MH and self-worth.  I learn about amazing resources and also get to share some of what I've learned along the way.  I could rave on here ..........let's just say

I'm really grateful you are all here   HeartHeartHeart

@Adge , @greenpea , @Former-Member , @oceangirl , @Flying_Hams , @Queenie 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance